- Creek, J. (2003). Occupational therapy defined as a complex intervention. London: College of Occupational Therapists.
- Hay, D., Clague, M., Goldberg, M., Rutman, D., Armitage, A., Wharf, B., et al. (1993). Well-being: A conceptual framework and three literature reviews. Vancouver: Social Planning and Research Council of BC.
- Law, M., Steinwender, S., & Leclair, L. (1998). Occupation, health and well-being. Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, 65, 81-91.
- McColl, M. A., Law, M., & Stewart, D. (1993). Theoretical basis of
- occupational therapy. Thorofare, NJ: Slack.
- Wagman P, Hakansson C, Bjorklund A (2012) Occupational balance as used in occupational therapy: A concept analysis Scandanavian Journal of OT 19: 322-327
- Whalley Hammel K (2009) Self-care, productivity, and leisure, or dimensions of occupational experience? Rethinking occupational “categories” CANADIAN JOURNAL OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY VOLUME 76 NUMBER 2 107-114
- Wilcock, A. A., van der Arend, H., Darling, K., Scholz, J., Siddall, R., Snigg, C., et al. (1998). An exploratory study of people's perceptions and experiences of wellbeing. British Journal of
- Occupational Therapy, 61, 75-82.